Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bananaman Triathlon

And here I am taking part in another crazy triathlon, this time a little longer than last one and wearing tight superhero outfit (not spandex but close enough).

The venue was in Dorney lake near Eton and Windsor. We had to jump in the lake and swim 800 meters in open water, here is a pic coming out of the water looking a bit worse for wear.. Then we cycled 30 kilometers and ran 7.5 km around the lake.

The day was lovely but just a little windy, all in al I managed to finish the whole thing in a bit over 2 hours. Which isnt a great timiming but I enjoyed myself.

I also discovered a few things I never thought about about these sporting events, the first one being "What happens if you need to go to the toilet?"... I had no clue what to do... so after some excruciating minutes I stopped my bike, went for a pee in the bushes and jumped back in it to join the race. Aparently a little bird told me you're supposed to do it in your pants if you're a real pro (Ugh!). My second discovery for the day was realising that its possible and only marginally humiliating to be overtaken by a gramma twice your age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home