Monday, December 11, 2006

36 Hours

Wow... I'm off in just one and a half days... its 2 am and I'm trying to sort out my backpack see if there is anything I need that I forgot to put in there..

Basically its a pretty small bag. Single small backpack, fits as hand-luggage so I don't have to risk some airline losing it. I'm trying to keep it below 10kg, as I'm going to have to lug it all the way round the world. The heaviest items are my 2 guides, I'm taking Lonely Planet for China and (budget) Australia and NZ. I'll get the South America guide at some bookshop in Sydney just before I go, there is not much point carrying it around for the next month as I'm not going to use it. Other than that its just 1 raincoat, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of shorts, some t-shirts, bathers, toiletry, underwear and a camera and mobile phone, oh and a sleeping bag. Then the essentials: Passport, Money & Tickets (PMT - the list you never forget). I'm taking a maestro and visa card for money. A printed round-the world ticket and my spanish passport with its Chinese visa stamped in it. Don't really need much more than that - Australia only needs an electronic visa application (Done) and I don't need visas for South America or New Zealand travelling on a European passport.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home