Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Back in Hong Kong


Sitting at a cafe in Nathan road in Tsim Sha Tsui. Its about 18 degrees here, sunny, green, clean and really beautiful. I arrived yesterday morning after a 12 hour journey on the slepper bus to the China/HK border and had a really long siesta asleep in my hotel. I decided to stay in Kowloon peninsula instead of the Island proper.. I think I kind of prefer it here than Hong Kong island.

Met some dude on the bus who's from London and been staying in china for 3 months taking Kung-Fu lessons. Other than that it was pretty uneventful journey away from Yangshuo. I though I would regret travelling all the way into rural china and then all the way back into HK but I had a lot of fun and I think it was definately worth it. HK is ok but it gets boring pretty fast, there is not much to do here other than shopping for stuff I don't need, and eating yummy wonton noodles and chicken congee (see photo on the right, looks like baby food, actually it probably IS baby food, oh well tastes great so who cares about the strange looks), and (I guess) going out to the local bars and meeting the expats who live here. Still its pretty expensive compared with mainland china and it sort of feels a bit shallow I guess.

Off to Australia on the 8pm plane.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

unfortunately we can't meet in China this time. but I understand that the only thing you can do is find any slot off to this planet.

proud of you,
Lina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home