Friday, February 09, 2007

Sao Paulo

I spent another day in Sao Paulo before leaving Brazil, staying near Praca Republica and then going to see my friend Juliana in the morning..

Its funny I was talking to an Aussie girl at the hostal in Florianopolis and she said that having had a day in Sampa she decided to give town a miss and stay near the airport instead.

While I dont think that the security situation is so bad as to miss it entirely, its not a place where I would recommend a lot of walking around at night looking lost and jet-lagged. Best thing if you arrive here (Sampa is a stop-over for most flights in and out of Brazil) is to get some rest and then go for a walk early in the morning. Maybe spend a day at most to see Brazils most populous city and then move on to other bits along the coast which are far more beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home