Monday, February 12, 2007

How do you do this shit again?

Just got back from a pretty grueling 8 hours of stacking it again and again, and sliding downhill on my front or my back... all my back and arm muscles are groaning with pain from having to get up every time I fall, sometimes I just lay there because its so hard to get up again..

But slowly I'm getting the hang of it.. Will has come with us today so its been the three of us for a couple of easy runs in the morning, and then Emerson and Will have gone off to do some harder runs and left me with the easy stuff.. which is just as well because its taking me a bit of time to get used to switching sides on the snow and generally to remember what its like to control the constant falling. Talking about control.. there is little of that yet, but I'm starting to get a grip with the basics again, once I do this should be a lot more fun.

In the evening we all headed down to Merlins Bar and Grill, at the bottom of Blackcomb base. For a couple drinks with Will's mates, he's been teaching kids how to ski with a whole bunch of other instructors so he knows a few people in Whistler now. We went to check out the staff acomodation there and it looks like fun, basically like going back to university college all over again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home